Saturday, July 12, 2008

Applesauce memories

One year my in-laws brought me a big box of Gravenstein apples from Sebastapol, CA. I wanted to make applesauce, so I cored and quartered the apples and filled up my pressure cooker. Well, apparently I filled it up just a bit too much. Because when it came time to reduce the pressure, and I took the rocker thing off, along with the steam out came a plume of cooked apples! It rained down applesauce on me in my kitchen. The kids thought it was hilarious. And I had a brown stain on my kitchen ceiling for years after.

4 comments:

JAMIE said...

I think I would have had to laugh a little too. That's a great memory for your kids to have, and one that I'm sure you chuckle at as well, now that it is long in the past. :)

Rachel said...

Just picturing that in my head makes me laugh! What a great memory.

Sharilyn said...

Oh Janet! What a fun time, I'm sure a bit shocking too. You didn't mention this when we were emailing this morning!

MaryBeth said...

You may not read this, but I think you're hot.