Saturday, August 7, 2010

Italian Chicken Breasts

Tonight I needed something fairly fast and easy - today was soccer opening day and I was tired and grouchy. So I made one of my standby fallback meals: Italian chicken breasts.

I usually use Italian seasoned diced tomatoes for this, but I had part of a can of petite diced tomatoes in juice in the fridge, so I went with that. I drizzled a little olive oil in the big cast iron skillet and got it hot. Then I threw in the chicken breasts to get a little caramelized on each side. Usually I slice up an onion and cook that too, but I was out. So I just sprinkled on some garlic salt. It worked.

Then I dumped in the tomatoes, and sprinkled on some oregano and basil. Covered and let simmer until done, turning once or twice.

It's good over pasta, over rice, or in this case, alongside some pasta salad and steamed broccoli.

1 comment:

Sharilyn said...

You've been blogging and I haven't even realized it!! YEAH for sharing recipes. I miss you!