Friday, June 13, 2008

Water, water, everywhere!

OK, well, maybe not everywhere exactly. But it was on the carpet in Adam's room, in the hallway, and in the walls.

We have a leak in a hot water line. We discovered the hot wet carpet sunday night. Monday I got leak detection out. He said he found the leak in the slab. Then the damage mitigator clean up person came and cut out chunks of carpet and pad and set up fans and a de-humidifier.

Back and forth on the phone with the leak detectors and the insurance company. We have to re-route the pipe since we have high tension cable and post system in our slab and can't jackhammer it or drill it safely.

It's friday now, I've been showering at work everyday since tuesday. Rob has showered once, on I think wednesday, when we were told the situation was ok. Turns out that wasnt' the case. They capped off the wrong pipe.

This is taking forever! I want to be able to run the dishwasher instead of boiling water to wash my dishes! I had to heat water to bathe Matthew!

I am so not Laura Ingalls! LOL

1 comment:

JAMIE said...

what a mess Janet. I hope you can get this resolved quickly! You are a trooper!!

One day maybe you will be able to laugh about this? that's pretty funny in and of itself, isn't it? ;)